Adult Addictions Counsellor
Part Time Position 21-28 hours/week
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Addictions Counsellor will provide out-patient counselling, treatment referrals and support to individuals dealing with substance use and addictions.
- Provide assessments, treatment planning, referrals, ongoing case management, and counselling services to designated clients
- Provide treatment referrals as required
- Liaise with agencies and referral sources including Interior Health, probation, social services, mental health and other agencies
- Maintain confidential records on a client management system including case notes
- Contribute to the positive dynamic team environment
- Adhere to all agency policies, procedures and code of ethic
- Master’s Degree in Counselling or related social service field with 2-3 years’ experience with addictions preferred. An undergraduate degree with 6-8 years experience will be considered
- Familiar with other services and resources in the community, including referrals to treatment centres
- Ability to work independently and as part of a case management team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other client management systems
- Must pass a criminal record check and agency screening process
This position is 21-28 hours a week, days and times TBD
Hours dependent on funding
Wages starting at $26.00-$28.00 per hour depending on experience.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send cover letter, resume and references by February 1, 2019 to:
Ms. Daryl Meyers
Pathways Addictions Resource Centre