Clinical Adult Addictions Counsellor
Part Time Position 28 hours/week 1(one) year term
Pathways Addictions Resource Centre is looking for a dynamic, forward thinking Counsellor to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Addictions Counsellor will provide out-patient counselling, treatment referrals and support to individuals and their families dealing with substance use and addictions while working in a collaborative team environment.
- Provide assessments, treatment planning, referrals, ongoing case management, and counselling services to clients dealing with substance use disorder
- Provide treatment referrals as required
- Facilitate group counselling sessions
- Liaise with agencies and referral sources including Interior Health, probation, social services, mental health and other agencies
- Maintain confidential records on a client management system including case notes
- Contribute to a innovative and positive team environment
- Adhere to all agency policies, procedures and professional code of ethics
- Master’s Degree in Counselling or related Social Service field with 4 year’s of recent related clinical experience, including at least two (2) year’s experience in a substance use and mental health program providing therapeutic individual and group counselling.
- Familiar with other services and resources in the community, including referrals to treatment centres
- Qualified to supervise practicum students would be an asset (registered & 4 year’s experience at Masters Level)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a case management team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other client management systems
- Must pass a criminal record check and agency screening process
This position is 28 hours a week until March 31, 2020 (may be extended dependent on funding)
Wages starting at $28.00 per hour
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send cover letter, resume and references by March 29,2019 to:
Ms. Daryl Meyers
Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.