Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
Part Time 21 hours a week
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Financial/Payroll Administrator will manage and report on all financial matters of the Society consistent with the Society Act ensuring the Society meets the accounting standards and requirements set by funding sources and government regulation.
Responsible for Administrative and Reception duties in a busy office setting.
- Analyze and present accurate financial reports in a timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials and oversee all financial and project/program accounting
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess, recommend and implement changes
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the Board of Directors abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Maintain a contract management/financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow support operational needs
- Ensure quality control measures are in place and practices are monitored and records kept
Human Resources and Administration
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all payroll deductions, benefits, vacation and sick leave
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Provide front end reception duties including greeting clients, answering phones, liaising with staff
- At least 5 years of professional fund accounting experience working with Simply Accounting and payroll
- Experienced in final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit
- Well versed in Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel
- Exposure to non-profit environments through either employment or volunteer work
- Exceptional organization and problem solving skills
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- Excellent communication/relationship building skills with an ability to work with a vulnerable population
- The ability to adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced environment
This is a 21 hour a week position at $22.00 per hour plus company benefits.
Position will start January 3, 2018 (contingent on government contracts)
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send cover letter, resume and references by November 29th 2017 by 4:00pm to:
Ms. Daryl Meyers Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org